Applying for a Volunteer Project with MondoChallenge
So you’ve decided that you want to volunteer abroad on your career break…now all you need to do is apply!
What Happens Next
Pressing the ‘Apply now!’ button above will take you to the MondoChallenge online application form. Filling this in is your first step towards securing voluntary work for your career break abroad. Here’s what happens next:
- Application form – Fill this in to give us an idea of who you are and what kind of volunteer work you are interested in. Once we have received this form we will try to contact you by phone or email.
- Informal interview – We will contact you to discuss your options for volunteering abroad, and try to work out what project you would be best suited to. At this point we can answer any questions you might have regarding your career break and can provide more detail on any voluntary project you might be interested in.
- Proposal – Further to this discussion, we will send you a proposal, which will outline the details of a suggested volunteer programme. This should give you a good idea of what kind of career break experience the project offers. After allowing you to digest this information we will get back in touch, when we can either discuss alternative volunteer work abroad or take the application to the next stage.
- Payment of deposit – If you are captivated by the volunteering work that we have offered then it’s time to take action! Paying your deposit will secure your place with MondoChallenge, subject to the completion of an acceptance form and references.
- Reference form – We are looking for people who have the initiative, flexibility, cultural awareness and resilience needed to cope with the challenges of volunteering abroad. While we are here to serve you, we also strive to provide the best possible service for the voluntary projects that we support. This includes providing committed volunteers who want to make a real difference on their gap year.
- Pre-departure briefing pack – Once we have received your deposit and references we will send you a pre-departure briefing pack, which should give you all the information you need to prepare for your career break travel. In the meantime, you will make payments towards your volunteer project and can work on fundraising for the venture.
- Pre-departure phone call – Before you depart to volunteer overseas, we will email or phone you one last time to make sure that you are happy with all your arrangements. At this point we can answer any last minute questions or worries, before wishing you bon voyage!
Just because we’ve said goodbye, it doesn’t mean that you’re on your own! A MondoChallenge representative will meet you at the airport on arrival at your chosen location and our in-country coordinators are available throughout your career break project. We also provide emergency contact details to phone our office team in the UK, so we’re never more than a phone call away. Whether you are teaching English abroad, working as an orphanage volunteer or supporting business development projects, MondoChallenge will be with you every step of the way.